10.17.2005

Massachusetts, lend me your eyes

So. Matt Nathanson. Three shows. Wednesday. Thursday. Friday.

You have your tickets. Or you're realizing you need to get tickets.

(If so, you're out of luck on Thursday. Sold out, baby.)

I'll be at the shows Thursday and Friday. Hurrah!

Regardless, get yourself to a grocery store before you get yourself to the Paradise.

Rock for a Remedy (RFAR) is teaming up with Matt for two food drives. Thursday and Friday.

I'm a big proponent for the coupling of music and food drives. With the amount of money we spend on concert tickets, driving, food, merch and, yes, a drink or two at the bar, it's entirely appropriate - far too appropriate, actually - to bring at least a canned food item to help others. When food drives come to town (or, as is most often the case, when I come to a town with a food drive), I'm happy to bring a bag of items to donate. A few cans of tuna fish, a can of tomato soup, perhaps some Ramen or peanut butter - all inexpensive items that can do an incredible amount of good.

Somehow, it makes the show I'm attending feel all the more special. People outside the venue realize something good went on within the walls.

So, that said, I'll step off my soapbox. But not before I ask that, if you're going to make it to the show, please, please bring something to leave in the RFAR boxes.

And after you help a neighbor, take care of a few other things that will make the world a better place. You know, call your mother and tell her you love her. Send the emails to those people you'd been meaning to reply to. Compliment a stranger and tell a friend how special they are.

Well, bring the cans, anyway.

And then say hi to me and get ready to rock.

We're going to have fun, you know.
-----
And, while I have your attention, I'm going to have some free time and a camera while I'm in the Boston area...and I'm looking for interesting vantage points from which to view and shoot things in the city.

Suggestions? Neat spots? Quirky things I might not know of? Please feel free to leave a comment with a suggestion. I'd really appreciate it!

No comments: