10.13.2005

A hate letter to "Not Yet."

I've been running on a parallel track, with the ingrained thoughts that by doing so, by keeping my head focused and doing what I'm supposed to, I'd wind up finding a place where the tracks come together close enough for me to hop onto another one, the one that will branch off and lead me closer to what I want and what I've been striving for.

Funny, how it feels that's been working out. Or not, I should say.

I'm frustrated. Tired. In need of inspiration or communication. Whatever at this point. It doesn't feel as if a supply of either is at all available.

But how do you know when you've reached a breaking point with something that, from all outward appearances, doesn't seem to be broken at all?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your voice as a writer is so strongly developed and well spoken-it's forcing me to 'out' myself to tell you so. Inspiration, not so much, but i figured a well-deserved shout out, least i can do.
Whatever the day job, your talent clearly lies with words, and the way you turn a release into an art form (and also, I'm totally jealous). Don't give up. I'm on the same ride, a little car sick and ready to make with the 53rd 'are we there yet?', but then I hit that turn with the view- and I remember why I'm driving. Your turn's coming up. 'fo sho'.

Victoria said...

Word to that, Justine. I'm car sick and begging anyone in the car, on the highway, wherever for some Dramamine.

So to speak.

Thanks for writing and for the kind words - you own. And now I'm going to want to hear from you more often!

And Joey?

Damn, girl. Hook a sister up with that. You know what I'm sayin?

I'm never a strong proponent for mocking. But satire? Ha. Just has more of a literary ring to it.

Hehehe.