10.25.2005

A humble request

Are you there, fates? It's me, V.

Listen, I was hoping to ask a favor of you. You see, for some inexplicable reason, I'm going to be going to a football game on Sunday, and I'm really not digging all of this talk of snow coming down this week.

Now, I know, I know, I always wind up sending a plea your way around this time of year. It's well-established that I'm not crazy about the fact that you decide to send cold and the snow and all of that my way each year - and I'm not pleased with the fact that you robbed me of my autumn.

But I'm willing to let that slide - as much as I can - this year if you help me with this football thing. I've never attended an NFL game before and, much as I certainly appreciate Tom Brady, I never exactly thought that I would. I'm more of a soccer football kind of girl.

But my father got tickets for us to take in the game against the Bills and it's going to be an opportunity to do some father-daughter bonding. Which is funny when you think about it, because we'll be bonding by each yelling at the little figures running around way below us at Gillette Stadium. But I won't dabble into details.

Lest we forget about the incident at Camden Yards a couple of years ago, when I spent a chunk of the baseball game huddled into a shivering bundle of person, clutching a cup of coffee...that was April, fates. April. This is going to be football in late October.

So help me out, fates. Get this whole "chance of snow" thing out of your system now and hook me up with a nice weekend. Let me not freeze at the game, let us have a good time.

I'll promise to try to keep my mouth shut this winter. It's the best I can do.

Sound like a plan? Good.

Best,
V

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Dude.

You grew up with football.

I had no high school football team.

No college football team.

No Thanksgiving football games.

Well, no. I went to one in Beverly one year and left at halftime.

Why?

I WAS COLD.

Plus, here's the kicker (get it? KICKER!?!?!?! Bah dum dum):

YOU FOLLOW FOOTBALL.

I rest my case. And am sticking my tongue out at the screen.

Neener neener neener...