9.06.2004

thank you, mister asshole

status check - annoyed
background ambiance - freaked-out silence

what a fucking lovely weekend.

on friday, someone said that i was working to scratch my way up the journalistic ladder so i could get to a higher paper. it didn't come off as a compliment. such a cold view of the work i'm trying to do made me feel horrible.

on saturday, my mother laughed off my talk of "when i get to boston" with a series of "uh-huh"s. and then everything else i tried to say for my entire visit seemed to be dismissed in an equally flippant manner. that made me feel even worse.

and tonight, just as i thought i couldn't feel more upset, some asshole decided to take out one of the window panes in our sunroom. it's 2:30 a.m., i'm wide awake typing and all of a sudden i hear a smash in the next room. glass made it from the window pane all the way across the sunroom and into the chair nestled in the opposite corner. a quick inspection outside (me freaking out all the while) reveals a large branch right outside the window. someone either decided to make it into an impromptu javelin or swing it like a baseball bat.

i have no problems with residential safety during a year in the d.c. area, yet i have someone smash my window in burlington fucking vermont.

so now i'm pissed off and freaked out. fucking fabulous.

No comments: