9.28.2004

sniffles and smiles

status check - i've god a code
background ambiance - typical

i am the worst sick or quasi-sick person ever. seriously. i suck at it. any little thing and all of a sudden i'm wallowing on my deathbed. i admit that it's a character flaw - one that i'm working on and have gotten much better at. and i don't catch colds or suffer from illness very often. but when i do, man, it blows.

the phrase of the day, courtesy of the petester - "colds are not chill."

indeed.

but whatever. i'm determined to shake the cold doing whatever i need to. i'll drink my teas and swallow my vitamins. i'll get my rest and i'll soak up some sunshine. i'll keep busy while not overexerting myself. why? because, dammit, i've got a great few days coming up and i'm not going to sniffle my way through a single one of them.

and i'll smile at e-sunshine from my favorite friendly people. who somehow know precisely when i'm in need of a little pick-me-up and provide such warm fuzzies in their typically fabulous ways. thanks, dears.

and since i've been the recipient of positive thinking, i'll return the favor by sending some of my own - and asking you to do the same. sdmas are this evening and pete's up for an award. so, if you get a chance today, just think good pete acceptance speech or some similarly celebratory thoughts. because he's cool like that.

No comments: