9.27.2004

dreamlife of yours truly

status check - good, good
background ambiance - typical

soooookay.

it's one of those random days that starts off a random week. looking at my schedule for the upcoming days, i realize there's little that will fall into any of my day-to-day style. it excites me as much as it preemptively tires me. such is life.

by this time next week, i will have attended a play, a movie, two concerts and a museum. i'll have more than enough for one week's worth of notebook nightlifing, but another concert will be approaching - the one in my crazy early october lineup i'm most eagerly anticipating. viva le rilo kiley!

perhaps my sleeping self has picked up on the amount of craziness looming for my conscious self, thus sprinkling my slumber with another series of vivid dreams. over the past several nights, i've had dreams both potentially philosophical (the "i need to go home, but where is home?" actf-esque dream of the night before last, complete with the "garden state ecstacy sequence" camera trick and appearances by acquaintances past and present) and downright random (one of last night's doubleheader dream sequence, which featured a certain oddly-coiffed musician i've been listening to for years throwing a flag into the audience and injuring someone). i've woken the last two mornings wishing i could just drift back off to sleep to see where else the dreams go.

they've also made me wonder if the people featured in the dreams' cast of characters have retained the qualities that obviously made an impression at different points of my life. i wonder if they've changed or if we'd be able to pick up our last conversations where we left them. and i wonder if i want to know if i ever cross their minds.

No comments: