6.29.2004

welcome back

status check - groovylicious
background ambiance - s.o., s.o.

i'm back from vaca, back into the grind. but with the smile of someone who was able to (albeit briefly) get away from it all.

i've actually tried posting my misadventures twice, but the blogging powers that be apparently decided that my descriptions and metaphors were not worthy of my typical rants and rambles. so this third attempt will suffer. i've already written out everything that was in my heart (the first time) and my mind (the second). what's left for me to write on take three?

boston was grand, per usual. i've realized i make the trip down just about every two weeks - a pattern recently pointed out by several colleagues. in fine fashion, i'll be back in boston the weekend from next - enjoying the unbelievable lineup that is rufus/guster/ben.

per my new leaf, i will not spend any portion of the trip thinking about those unworthy of my time. shortly before my travels, i took a risk. got burned. lesson learned.

now, away from the ocean, back by the lake, i'm feeling good. for every painful risk, i've been reminded of why taking chances is so important. had i not, i wouldn't be able to smile at the words of my friends and the stories i receive from here and there. anyway, the people i know are far better than the person i wanted to know.

i have so much to smile about. my growing knowledge of my favorite city. the odd sensation of drinking (and chewing) the bubble tea that soothed my mouth from (delicious) hot red curry. laughter and sangria. the clone of a clone. strawberries everywhere. harry potter 3, my favorite yet. laugh-inducing stories from thousands of miles away. singing at the top of my lungs to hard rock while driving home, alone on the roads at the midnight hour and late-night reruns of "my so-called life" and "the west wing" (and the digital system to record them).


No comments: