6.22.2004

two days, baby.

status check - defiant
background ambiance - bushwalla radio edit in my head

after the worst start to my w.day in ages, i'm now feeling better - at least a bit, anyway. but i suppose i should be thankful, as it helped me figure out what i'm going to focus on over the next few days - as well as what i want to do during my vacation.

i've been struggling with my vaca plans, mainly because i feel i have too much i want to do and not enough time to do it all. while i'd normally feel inclined to just relax and do whatever, it doesn't really feel like a Vacation if i do that. and this is my first real work vaca, so i should add at least some travel into the mix, even if it's simply my semi-regular trek to bostonia.

what i've come up with is a tentative plan to be able to include most of my list of wants into the five days i'll be free from work. a few things had to be scrapped, whether due to time constraints (day trip to nyc) or due to stupid people (my proactive attempt at meeting up for coffee/drink have yielded no response - nipping disappointment in the bud, my ass). but most of it should be able to go on as i'd like.

i'm thinking SoVt thursday, then head down to massachusetts thursday night or friday. spend some time in bostonia, head back to vermont early sunday so i can relax with hometown people sunday and monday.

it might seem hectic, but i think it'll work. because, frankly, i want to do a lot (i'm not really one for the stretch out and relax thing. i've always been more of a Do-er).

i want to spend a day with my mother. i want to spend time with my flatmates. i want to vent to my brother, then forget all the bullshit while we cavort around boston. i want to pick strawberries and i want to enjoy vegetarian curry. i want to enjoy the chew-chew. i want to play frisbee by the waterfront and i want to play frisbee on the boston common.

and while i hope it works out with everyone else, at the same point, i have to focus on the fact that this is my vacation. and if schedules don't fit, i can spend time with myself. i'll have my camera, a notebook and a pen - worst case scenario, i'll still have a grand time.

that said, i hope people want to spend time with me too!

i'm feeling optimistic about it. and, canuck it all, i've earned it. particularly after the last few days.

p.s. while i am most certainly not a fan of the olsen twins, i feel a need to wish mary-kate the best of luck.

No comments: