2.02.2006

When I care about something - or, more appropriately these days, when I believe in something - I just find myself incapable of giving up on it.

It's maddening sometimes, and there are the countless instances in which I walk away shaking my head in confusion or outright disbelief. And it's tiring, frustrating on other occasions, when it's neither possible nor reasonable to do what I want to do, which is grab someone by the shoulders and give a shake to try rattling in some sense.

But I see something good there, something that could make others smile. Something that makes me smile despite my wish that someone would be able to grab my shoulders and shake some sense into me.

Which is why I find myself continuously setting aside the voice in my head, the one that's telling me that I'm an absolute idiot who should know better, and putting myself in the position I incessently find myself in.

The one that invariably ends with me saying to myself, "Stupid, stupid, STUPID!"

In other news, it's been six years since I saw a guy with funny hair and a funnier British accent playing guitar as I walked into my college's student center and eventually asked said funny-coiffed individual if I'd heard that last song on the radio, as it sounded pleasantly familiar to me and I'd really enjoyed it...

I need to find whatever journal I was writing in at that point to see what I wrote about that performance. I think it would be amusing to read now that I know I have heard it on the radio, time and time again...

No comments: