2.10.2006

I have the faint outline of an old school boombox imprinted on the back of my left hand. I tried to wash the stamp ink away this morning, and actually smiled when I realized that the thing just wasn't going to come off in its intirety.

I've been marked. Ghetto blasted, if you will.

Yesterday gave me delicious night of live music. And I needed it - I've felt stressed, frustrated and disheartened the last couple of weeks. I've been slowly becoming a bottle rocket of pressure was bound to spark and explode.

Yes, that's still there. But at least I was given a reprieve - in the form of dance, laughter, collaboration, tongue-twisting singalong and positive energy. I haven't laughed that much in ages. I haven't felt the urge to dance like nobody's watching in even longer.

I just haven't had that much fun at a show in a long time.

(And I haven't been called up on stage with friends to help rock the mic in, well, ever.)

In other, equally crazy news: I jump into the lake tomorrow. Beth and I realized earlier this week that neither of us have ever gone swimming in Lake Champlain before.

We will both take our first lake dips in February. Weather check? Today's current temperature: 9 degrees. Tomorrow's high: 25 degrees.

And the big one. Tomorrow's expected water temperature: 35 degrees.

No comments: