2.28.2006

OK, so perhaps standing out in the snowy cold of this weekend's Mardi Gras wasn't such a good idea. Particulary as I was just, you know, sick and all.

Ah, hindsight.

Yes, friends, I have managed to fall ill again this winter - another rip-roaringly good bout of general malaise and agitation. Whee! What fun!

I now alternate between sounding normal and sounding like Joan Rivers. I can't go running, which is probably the single most obnoxious part of all because I worry I'll lose all the progress I've made in that regard. I'm tired, I'm cranky, I'm a little feverish and I've been hopped up on DayQuil and NyQuil for the past several days.

Good times. Indeed.

Fortunately, between the bouts of illness that have struck me (which occurred on the weekends of both the Olympics' opening and closing ceremonies. Coincidence or Olympic allergy? You be the judge), there've been some good things packed in. My whirlwind jaunt to Boston was strange. Mostly fun...but strange, nonetheless. Unexpectedly running into friends, catching up with loved ones, then seeing friends new and old share a stage for an evening was more than a little surreal...It was a good evening, though. Glad Tides was able to join in on the fun with Bushwalla and Todd...

Grace Potter & the Nocturnals are amazing live, so you should trust me and go see them...

I miss being able to use my digital camera to a ridiculous degree...

...and I'm just really tired...

No comments: