3.15.2003

my review is finished -- for the most part. i wrote all i intended to write today and plan on polishing and creating more of a coherent lead and final graf tomorrow after i have some time to be away from the beast. yay! beth, expect a phone call from the metro in a lil bit!

i don't know why, but around 7ish, i felt this huge rush of energy and a need to get everything done NOW so i could be on time to get to this show. i don't know what the deal was -- but this huge anticipation was luring me. it's not like it's a big deal or anything -- i'm just going to a concert like i've done a million times in the past. it's not as if i'm likely to even see anyone i know at the venue -- so why was i all rushed and flustered (but in a good way)? i suppose i'll just chalk it up to it being a spring-like saturday evening, having a ticket waiting for me at will call and a singer/songwriter scheduled to entertain me in a couple of hours, as well as the possibilities a night out possesses -- who knows who i will meet, what i will see, yadda yadda? and, in some respects, the added thought of going to the show on my own -- yes, there's the possibility that colin might wind up there to check out mason, but it seems doubtful -- fills me with anticipation. the mraz thing kind of blew up in my face last time (but certainly worked out well for me in all in all -- hi paul!), but that was also a weeknight, where i was so busy getting out of work and getting to the venue that i didn't have time to think about it. going to a show on my own is kind of neat, in its own sort of way. i mean, granted, it's always better to know that there will be someone familiar there to talk to and whatnot, but i'm rather proud of myself, in my own dorky way. i'm being proactive, dammit! assertive and strong ... yeah, i know. cue destiny child's "independent women" and all that. but i think it's something a lot of people wouldn't do on their own because of that fear of standing around without someone to talk to. and here i am, fully aware of that possibility, but looking forward to the alternative.

that's it -- a goal for the night. i'm going to find a way to talk to someone i haven't met yet. it's going to happen. revel...revelrevel.

ok, time to tame the beast that is my hair and catch the metro. here goes ...

No comments: