3.14.2003

could it be? am i doing the friday five -- on friday? yes i am...

1. do you like talking on the phone? why or why not?
well, while i would certainly prefer speaking to someone in person, i don't mind the phone at all -- keeps me in touch with everyone from back home, which is obviously very important to me. but it's difficult at times to talk on the phone because the person you're talking with seems so close, in many respects, yet the reality is that they're often very far away. which can be sad. but hey, the phone is better than nothing!

2. who is the last person you talked to on the phone?
technically, the person who just left a message for kevin. but for MY phone calls, my parentals, before i crashed into the land of slumber at an ungodly early hour last night.

3. how many telephones do you have at home?
me personally? two -- my regular, land phone and my cell. but in the apartment when we have three tenants and we all have cells? that would make six (three land, three cells) plus the kitchen phone, so seven. good lord.

4. have you encountered anyone who has really bad phone manners? what happened?
hahahaha -- do you KNOW what i do for a job? of course -- and all i can say is that expletives were frequent and a question about job requirements for working in my office was asked of me, which i refused to answer.

5. would you rather pick up the phone and call someone or write them an e-mail or a letter? why or why not?
it's a double-edged sword. at times, i just want to hear the person's voice, so give me phone any day. but there are other times when i make more sense through my writing, so email or a letter is better for me. gives me a chance to ramble and sort through some of my thoughts and make more sense. there are pros and cons to each.

No comments: