3.17.2003

in fine tradition ...

top o' the mornin to ya! sure and begorrah it warms the cockles of me heart to hope that you and yours have a fabulous day o' the irish!

ah ... st. patrick's day. one of my favorite holidays -- not just because of the typical copious alcohol consumption, thank you! i'm over half irish, so i enjoy the opportunity to celebrate an irish holiday -- despite the fact that it's been almost entirely changed into just an excuse to be drunk at all hours of the day. but even that's fun -- it's so bizarre to be sober and kicking off a full workday, considering that the past three or four years, i've been waking up, heading somewhere to drink and then either floating through the day in an intoxicated state or finding my classes all the more interesting because of my inhebriated state ... damn you, responsibility!

st. patty's was one of my favorite days last year (one of my favorites in a year of favorites ... ah, nostalgia). waking up early in the morning to try to grab a spot in line at what ales you, only to realize we were too late in getting there, so stopping at dunkies for drinks to warm us up and hopping into line to get into riras when it opened up at 9 ... drinking at the bars all morning (guinness for those who can drink beer, long island iced teas for myself and becca), then going back to campus and frolicking, whether it be in the 300s or back at the 2s. just being silly and having fun, enjoying the feeling of being twenty-one years old, in college and free to do whatever i wanted ...

and now, a year later. twenty-two years old, out of college and on my own, granted stuck in an office all day, but still happy and able to do whatever i want, in many respects. it's just crazy to think that a whole year has gone by ...

but nevertheless. i'm wearing my green, i have my hair in little pigtails of sort, i have a green carnation beside me (kevin rocks). and it's warmer outside (with the drizzly air, it's almost muggy -- how wonderful is it to be able to notice humidity? I LOVE HEAT!!!!!!!!) and things are good. hurrah!

so happy st. patty's! enjoy yourself!

No comments: