10.27.2001

today is most likely my last day as a clerk at the f. due to a number of reasons (mostly the aftermath of 9/11--damn you osama), the clerk program is being cut for the time being. i suppose in one respect it makes it easier--i'll have spare time on saturdays now, yippee--but i'm disappointed. much as it's a pain the ass to be working on a saturday, i love being here in the newsroom and covering all of this stuff. fortunately, my internship here is pretty much set--yay!--so i'll be back in january. but i'm still rather blue about it. the fact that i have a pounding headache doesn't help me at all...

t let me use his desk today, and he had internet going--so for the first time, i get to use internet while i'm at work! little things that make me happy. i've been working on my 9/11 fundraising story, utilizing a connection to my email. ah...technology is a grand thing.

patternson was playing my guitar downstairs last night (michelle snuck in while i was sleeping so he could use it--because he was going to tune it as well) and broke a string--good boy that he is, he's going to restring my guitar for me and tune it. plus, rumor has it he's going to play a song for me tomorrow ("yellow"--i'm so excited!). michelle and i were joking about how he should show up at rehearsal and play it for me there. i could just imagine kirk's face with that one...

speaking of rehearsal, i had a chloe breakthrough last night. i feel so much better about my part--i've been ridiculously nervous/in despair about it for awhile. i actually feel like there's a reason i'm there now. always a good thing, eh?

you can always tell when i have nothing else to do when i'm blogging non-stop...