10.31.2001

i needed today desperately.

went to classes, came home and relaxed. i was the only one in the house for most of the day, so i cranked my speakers and sang along at the top of my lungs to howie, john, anything that was playing, even if i didn't know the words.

played my much-neglected guitar so much that my fingers (much in need of callouses again) ached. granted, most of it sucked (i worked on "watchtower", "she says", and "lover, you should've..."), but i was playing it. i had time to play it.

went to the defender story meeting, everyone was in good shape, so i left about ten minutes after writers started showing up.

went home, played guitar more, sat on the couch and did nothing, watched "the west wing" (IT'S GETTING SO GOOD! my one hour a week of 'much-see tv'), watched part of "the mask" simply because it was on and i was too lazy to change the channel...

i should have done work. every rational part of my brain was telling me to work on my essay for liz, figure out defender stuff, write, read, something.

but my body was perfectly content to just sit there for a few precious hours and relax. i think it was the longest period of continuous relaxation i've had all semester.

and as i realized this, i grew more content. and the rational parts of my brain grew quiet because i was content. i can get everything done tomorrow and friday. i needed today desperately. and i loved it.

so now, to continue my self-indulgent day, i'm going to bed early. before midnight. who would have imagined?

No comments: