6.08.2006

You do it to yourself...you do...

Sometimes I wonder about this whole technological advancement thing.

As I ranted last month, I missed out on Radiohead tickets for the BoAP shows that took place earlier this week. After some cursing and badmouthing Ticketmaster, I came to terms with the fact that I'd just have to wait a bit (or a lot) longer to see the band live for the first time.

And then I read on Stereogum that Monday night's show was available for mp3 download.

A dilemma. It's available. Do I download it and listen to what was refused to me? Will it make me feel better? Worse?

Am I overthinking this a bit too much? Probably.

So I downloaded all 23 tracks and loaded them into the iPod last night. As I wrote in my notebook before going to sleep, I cued up the show.

And became bitter. Very, very bitter.

(If you're a glutton for punishment, same as I, you can download the tracks from Bradley's Almanac. Recording quality, all things considered, is quite fantastic.)

No comments: