6.16.2006

I receive mailings from Bob Lefsetz. The mailing list to which I'd subscribed boats that it is the "first in music analysis."

It tends to be interesting, I'll say that. I look forward to the little bits of insight that can come across sometimes, amid the huffing and puffing often contained within the work.

(I don't use those words disparagingly - doesn't all music discussion boil down to huffing and puffing in the end?)

"True Companion," one of the latest mailings, however, included something I thought quotable and then some. We're not talking music here. We're just talking about life and relationships in general. And it's painfully accurate.

I don't want to talk about things. I want to talk about you, who you are, what you feel. Not only your victories, but your losses. Hold back, and probably we won't be spending too much time together. For not only is our interaction unfulfilling, you make me feel like some kind of freak, for wanting to know. And, if you tell enough, and feel the warmth from the bond, and gently investigate, I'll tell you my story too. Which is so hard for me to do, but what I'm dying to do.


Have a great weekend.

No comments: