9.03.2005

...instead of knocking on my door...

I'm going to focus on this for a couple of minutes. Then I am going to resume my pre-game, get gussied up, blare Phil Collins' "Don't Lose My Number" and then hit the town. Yep.

B looked over at me as she read.

My eyebrows were raised.

"You don't think..."

I quickly hushed the thought. "No, I really don't think so."

It isn't, is it?

Can't be. Why would it be?

Nope.

So, if not, why did I feel badly as we walked down the street?

And, likewise, why did I feel a bit of indignation fire up within me? Because if it is...

Nah.

Related: a quote from "Candy Freak," the book Beth is reading. By Steve Almond.

Art is what happens when things don't work out, when you're licking your wounds. Art is, to a larger extent than people would like to think, a productive licking of the wounds.

No comments: