9.12.2005

I don't have to be happy all the time.

I can sit here in my apartment, listening to my flatmates' shoes crunch through the gravel driveway as they embark on a walk. I did not feel inclined to go; they did not ask me, anyway.

I think I'm going to make some tea and curl up in my favorite blue velvety armchair in the sunroom. I'll write until the light drifts away, then I'll turn on the lamp.

And just write and write and write. Block out everyone else except those whose figures I intend to pull into my writing. It's an invitation-only event to be included in my rambles tonight, you see.

And I'm going to be strict about the guest list.

L quoted a SK song earlier today, and I was intrigued by the snippets of lyrics I heard. I tracked it down on my own and think it fits today. So, with a humble apology from lifting it from her own thoughts:

I could say "fare thee well" and pass it off like I don't care
Or we could meet up in St. Louis,
if both of us should happen to be there
I'm like a clown that isn't funny,
as I dance across your door
You're on the verge of something big,
I'm on the verge of something more.
- "I Know Why"

No comments: