12.21.2001

the grade fairy was good to me--i need to make sure to slip her a $20 next time for this miracle!

4.0 for the semester--first collegiate straight a semester...now a response to each grade for each class:

defender: paul is bribing me with an a because he knows that if my gpa suffered, i would have a perfectly good reason to say that i won't come back. perhaps it had something to do with all the work we did this semester, but i think it also has to do with the fear of a vickie-less defender semester. bribery...ah, nothing like the ethical journalism i know and love...obviously i'm kidding. i thought it was neat of paul to do. made my day...

chief patterns 1: alirght, my attendance in kirk's class this semester was probably worse than it was last semester. and when defender wrapped up last semester, kirk shook my hand and said he was looking forward to me actually being in class. um...yeah. plus the fact that i wrote my research paper pretty much in one day...i've come to two trains of thought on this. the first? my paper wasn't great, but the fact that i even attempted to take on aristotle using "america's sweethearts" and "raiders of the lost ark" as sources earned me points. second? the fact that i wrote ten pages for my final and put a lot of effort into it. or the fact that kirk and i get along well and i did the play. i guess i won't fight it. but i plan on emailing him to laugh about my paper. :)

liz class: i knew i'd do well. bethy told me before the class even started and i knew i was doing well all semester.

overall? shocked, but happy. i joke about it, but i did work hard this semester.

also got a new scholarship...bonus! thank you class of 1983.

alright, must go work out and then email peeps.

No comments: