12.15.2001

99 average in creative non-fiction writing...yeah baby!

i found a box of some of my things that my mom had put in my room--it has a couple of notes with andrew from high school...sweet 16 birthday cards...AND my online journal that i kept sophomore year. i was laughing my ass off reading some of the stuff...then i came across this.

february 14, 2000

happy valentine's day!!

today has been a good day. well, ignoring the fact that it's snowing, yet again, which means that whenever i walk into a building, i'm covered with wee lil snowflakes, obviously....

... i ended up calling c. over, and he came and chatted with me, and i will say that besides my jesse (my big bro, smc style), c. is the second best guy i know here...

... one of the things that has been depressing me had been that i felt like i was disconnected from everything. and when i talked to my mom, she said the classic line--'but vickie, everyone feels that way too, you're not the only one.' and i said the classic daughter line--'first of all, mom, they don't. second, that doesn't make me feel any better.'

but c. understood how i was feeling and he made me feel like i wasn't totally out of the loop. it's just so nice to hear that you're not alone, even if there's not much to say. plus it felt really nice to have someone around, just spending time with me, even when we were just singing along with my sinatra cd while he threw around my little piglet. i just didn't feel alone for once. plus when he was leaving, he said that we'd chat again soon because he was there for me and now he knew i was there for him too.

i told him that i felt stupid for leaving the voicemail, and what he said in response was one of the nicest things i've heard in ages. he gave me this look and asked, 'why?' and i shrugged my shoulders and said that i didn't know. i just did. and he looked back at me and asked, 'do you still feel stupid?' and i thought about it and smiled. 'no, i really don't.' and he smiled and said that he was glad because i should know that he's there for me no matter what. and that felt really great to hear.


i thought the timing of me finding that little gem was interesting.

alright, time to get stuff organized. i left my speaker cable at school, now all i want in the world is a set of headphones...

No comments: