5.09.2006

Thought for the day - er, night:

"Songs are what I listen to, almost to the exclusion of everything else. I don't listen to classical music or jazz very often, and when people ask me what music I like, I find it very difficult to reply, because they usually want names of people, and I can only give them song titles. And mostly all I have to say about these songs is that I love them, and want to sing along to them, and get cross when these other people don't like them as much as I do ..."

- Nick Hornby, Introduction to "Songbook," a brilliant collection of essays about songs that if you love music, you need to read. If you haven't already. I'd love to assume that you have. It's one of the three books I'm reading at the moment, the only one of which I am re-reading (for the millionth time).

No comments: