5.11.2006

Let's kick things off with a moment of thanks sent to the Boston Red Sox, for defeating the Yankees and keeping Johnny Damon hitless after five at-bats. Lovely!

So. A series of high-energy days approach.

Tomorrow (I write this Thursday night, referring to Friday) brings traveling friends and local friends together to watch the five men of the Ryan Montbleau Band tear up Higher Ground (a show, as my prior post indicates, to which I am very much looking forward). At some point this weekend, I steer my trusty steed, DT, onto familiar highway territory, as I'm Massachusetts-bound. I'm to get my graduation glam going on before attending/celebrating my brother's acceptance of a degree from Emerson College on Monday. (Insert sisterly pride here. This is also the spot at which we ignore that Friday marks four years since our narrator graduated from college.)

Good times. I'll return with tales and digital snapshot goodness, as my camera has returned from the black hole into which it sank when I left my battery charger in Maine over New Year's. All charged up and ready to go - er, snap, capture? Right. Moving on...

In other news: I recently wrote a music biography - my first - for singer-songwriter Chad Perrone. The bio, which includes information about Chad and his upcoming debut solo album, is now up and running on his website, so check it out - and note that a few of the tracks are available for your listening enjoyment. The album, "Used To Dream," drops on May 23, and I highly recommend it. Those liking what they hear (or those who just trust my music recommendations - AHEM) can pre-order "Used To Dream" from the fun, friendly computers that keep things orderly over at the Awarestore.

No comments: