5.06.2006

I'm sure these will be rants heard from throughout the world of Radiohead fans today, but I'll be damned if that doesn't stop me from chiming in.

- Scalpers sure cleaned up with this one. While concert hopefuls were busy scrambling to type in the right cryptic words on Ticketmaster at 10 a.m. this morning, scalpers were already posting hundreds of listings for overpriced tickets on various websites. Stubhub is now at $223. Meanwhile, those hoping to actually ATTEND the show, were shut out.

- A two ticket limit? Even if my flatmates and I were lucky enough to get tickets, we wouldn't be able to take in the show together. I don't live in a group house here, people. There are three of us. It shouldn't be impossible.

- Tickets were sold out in five minutes.

- Ticketmaster doesn't offer any indication about when a show has sold out, leaving hopefuls such as myself still clicking Web buttons, still typing in stupid words, an hour after tickets went on sale.

- What's up with those words, anyway? Who comes up with them? Who butchers the spelling intentionally? And does that individual look up to the heavens and chortle, "Take THAT! I am writing this WRONG! On PURPOSE!"

Suffice it to say, I will not be taking in my first Radiohead show on June 4 at the Corporate Mad Libs Pavilion. And I'm not particularly pleased at the moment.

No comments: