5.19.2006

Blame it on the rain...yeah, yeah...

C'mon. How could I not bust that out? I haven't heard any references to Milli Vanilli during this whole Shoutout to Noah experience that began for me in Massachusetts last weekend and continues now for me in Vermont.

Frankly, I was rather disappointed in such a grievous oversight.

But, in all seriousness (as much as one can be serious when referencing the MV lipsynchers), I could blame (or at least attribute) the rain for a lot right now:

- for not asking myself what the hell was going on at 2:15 a.m. Saturday morning, as friends and I scurried to our unexpected detination

- for having to rock my little black dress with little black and white Chuck Taylors as I watched my brother graduate (this was funny and fitting at the same time)

- for wanting to check in with various potential flood-ees

- for jumping into a huge puddle so as to document the (absolutely minimal) flooding in my grandmother's driveway (I made my way through the Great Floods of 2006 in as equally as fortunate - and wussy - a manner as I got through Hurricane Gloria in '86 - only this time, I didn't get a t-shirt documenting my presence for it)

- for longer than expected (and decidedly less relaxing) drives to and from Massachusetts last weekend and early this week

- for feeling lethargic, cranky and tired all week

- for agreeing to, and feeling happy to, see "The DaVinci Code" this evening, even as the reviews suck

- for feeling absolutely certain that the storm clouds have followed me from Massachusetts to Vermont

- for looking into how much it would cost to round up two of every animal and herd them all into some big boat

- and for the vending machine giving me a Sierra Mist when I selected an Orange Crush just now, the one time I decide to drink a soda.

OK, so maybe the last one has nothing to do with the rain. I'm blaming it anyway.

'Cause the rain don't mind
And the rain don't care
You got to blame it on something...

No comments: