9.24.2002

ok, forget discussions of how much i <3 the library of fucking congress. i abhor the library of congress.

after a long, frustrating morning, i trapse over to the loc during my lunch break, figuring i can pick up my books, head back to the building and have twenty minutes to down my salad (it's not like i'm trying to eat a five-course meal here, afterall) before heading back to work.

i pick up my books and check to make sure i don't have to do anything else before heading to the door. security stops me and says i need to get the books charged.

now i've been patient. i've been understanding. at this point, i'm pissed off.

"where do i go to charge out the books?"

down the hall to this random door. fine. i go through said door and get a look from the woman there that says, "what the hell are you doing here?" i ask to charge the books. she sends me through another door to another woman who obviously doesn't want me there. she asks what i want. i ask to charge the books. she starts to but stops, saying i don't have an account. she sends me through another door and down a hallway to a guy so i can set up an account. he doesn't want me there. i'm doing everything in my power to not scream. i get my damn account, charge my damn books, and get back to work (without eating) just in the nick of time.

AND when i get to the elevator, the damn "senators only" light is on, so i have to walk up the four flights of stairs so senators can get on on floor two and get off on floor three.

I AM PISSED.

yes, ladies and gentlemen, yesterday is continuing into today. but i will conquer these days, despite the bullshit and the fact that i'm not feeling the fact that i'm still freezing and now extremely hungry...NEAH!

No comments: