9.25.2002

the closer my parents' trip here comes, the more excited i'm becoming. excited about seeing them, excited about having people from home here for a little bit, and excited about having my things here so i can feel settled in. i realized yesterday that my guitar will be with me again. while i still can't play to say my life, knowing that i will have it there to try to play when i'm stressed is fantastic. not to mention the rest of my non-work clothes and more work clothes and a think comforter for my bed so i can feel all cozy when i wake up in the morning and my photographs to put on the walls and in frames and posters and a tv so i can watch things in my room and my stero so i can actually listen to the radio and the furniture i've been missing and my weights so i don't have to do everything at the gym and all of that fun stuff that i haven't needed as far as getting by, but have really missed in the past month.

there is a possibility that i'll be going to see "igby goes down" with chloe and nicole tonight, although i think it all depends on how i feel, as i've been a little less than 100% the past day or so. if i do, i'm obviously taping "the west wing" (TWO HOUR SEASON PREMIERE TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and enjoying it when i get home...

i'm determined to have a good day today. i got here and had a surprise email from a member of my dc actf crew (spencer!), so it started off on a good note and will continue on one, dammit!

by the way, i am really looking forward to seeing what the IMF protests are like on friday...when i was last in dc at actf, i spent my last afternoon taking photographs of another huge protest on the ellipse and got some wonderful shots--i plan on trying to cover this event in a similar manner.

No comments: