9.30.2002

i love it when people from home visit. i make it sound as if i have a constant stream of visitors at my apartment when, in reality, i've played hostess to the fuck yeah tour and my parents, but still. i love the opportunity to have people around that i know and love and don't feel as if i am still in that "getting to know you" stage of the game (granted, i do have some people here where i don't feel that way, but i feel safe in assuming that you know what i mean).

but what's hard is that when people from home leave, there is the little emotional backswing. for instance, my parents left at 6 this morning, and i had to gear myself up for a day of work. i miss home more during these backswings--home in the respect of feeling comfortable being a complete and utter idiot with the people i know and love.

once my father got past being grouchy friday night, we had a great time. they were introduced to chipotle (naturally) friday night and we spent saturday getting a few things for my room and moving everything around. i now have an incredibly comfortable living space with the luxuries i've been missing (turning on the tv as i prepared for work was quite lovely). they brought some photos and whatnot, so there's some personality beginning to show up in the place. we explored my neighborhood on saturday (as my mother hadn't spent any time here before) and enjoyed dinner at the cheesecake factory (score!). i took them to eastern market yesterday because i knew my mother would get a kick out of it, then we relaxed and decorated yesterday afternoon while my father watched football.

it was nice, low-key and incredibly energizing (despite waking up both days at 8 a.m.--crikey). and now here i am at work, feeling great, talking to some friends online and ready for a great week.

No comments: