1.22.2002

maloney walked up to me yesterday as i was waiting to get into the classroom for literary seductions, put his arm on my shoulder, and told me that he was watching chocolat over the weekend and there was a character in it who looked like me. curses!!! my life of relative obscurity is crumbling as i speak...the general public is learning of my feature film debut... ;) i've wanted to watch the movie anyway, but now i'm intrigued. i know, i'm a narcissistic bitch at times. ;)

after working on some ACTF things in the library, drew and i walked outside to find nick, and we began talking about our respective futures and whatnot (a topic that is contstantly lurking in the back of my mind). after having said discussion, the three of us noticed the large, fluffy snowflakes that had begun to fall, so we spent time trying to catch them on our tongues. we would crouch down, jump up, and roam about trying to capture the snowflakes, and i realized that the simple action was an incredible comfort to me. there's something so reassuring about going from such a heavy topic to a childlike, fun activity...

today i work at user support from 1 to 5, then work on the scene for ACTF with drew and kirk, then my internship from 7 to 11.

in a week, i'll be on my way to the festival!!! the ACTF regional festival was one of the best weeks of my junior year. it's a week of complete immersion in theatre--seeing two shows a day, going to workshops, seeing acting competitions (or, in this case, supporting someone in the acting competition) and, if one chooses, writing about theatre continuosly for two days. besides that, there is the opportunity to meet theatre students from across the northeast, hang out in hotel rooms, and relax (party) for five days. i'd never experienced anything like it before--and i can't wait to go back.

No comments: