8.11.2004

goodbye red, hello d.t.

status check - pleased
background ambiance - same old same old

after spending two days worrying myself silly with thoughts of car payments, insurance quotes, credit and the like, i'm the giddy owner of a new (to me) vehicle.

it's amazing how the stress lifts once you sign the papers. you'd think it would be the other way around. i imagine it will be back in full force tomorrow - well, in about a month. but for now, it's celebration time, the dawn of a new era.

while waiting about 15 minutes to sign all of the endless forms (so many i'm convinced i signed saturn the right to use my likeness, take my firstborn child and release all of my personal information to countless spammers), i hastily ran out to red to empty him out (i know vehicles and ships and things are generally considered female, but i like to think that red was the only constistent man in three years of my life). i was in such a hurry that i had to stop and think to myself that this was my goodbye. red deserved better than that. so i sat in the drivers' seat for a minute until my mother walked up and asked me what the hell i was doing.

after the car was clean, i patted red's hood and walked from him toward d.t. - the new, gleamingly gorgeous car in my life.

and the answer to the all-important question: the first musical selections played in d.t. post-purchase were tides' "keep it a secret," followed by ryan adams' "rock n roll."

No comments: