6.01.2002

a wonderful surprise was waiting for me when i got home from work this evening.

a card from julie, my news editor for defender, wishing me a happy graduation and talking a bit about working on the newspaper this semester.

i finished reading it and felt like a million dollars. so sweet.

in other news, my father spoke with my uncle about whether or not i'd be safe flying out west, with all of the seeker missle reports that have been circulating (you know...terrorists snuck missles into the u.s. and might be preparing to shoot aircraft while in flight).

fear not, the reports are not as scary as they seem, i hear. ultimately, my father said it all depended on me, since i'll be the one flying and all.

my response? bring on the missles. with all due respect, who's going to shoot down a plane going to minnesota? and, after i get on my second flight, who's going to shoot a plane destined for salt lake city? someone planning on taking out all of the mormans? "those pesky mormans, nothing but trouble..." come on! mormans rule! ;) (that was for you, bethy and joey)

i'm not going to let my plans get all messed up because of a few little missles that won't come near me anyway. SO TAKE THAT!

unfortunately, however, i'm going to have to earn this vacation. work has been unbearable lately. want to run screaming from the place...a couple of weeks away will definitely be theraputic.

No comments: