3.14.2002

response to my latest editorial in The Defender has been interesting, to say the least. i've been pleased by the compliments i've been given, and i'm glad to know that colby didn't read into part of it the wrong way (he called over to me across campus while i walked to work to tell me he thought i wrote a nice piece--i made sure to tell him i wasn't trying to slam him or any other e-board members, and he said he didn't read it that way whatsoever). apparently someone is passing an editorial about my editorial around the cafeteria today--i want to be able to grab a copy of it and see what this girl has to say. i think it's great that dialogue is opening up about what i wrote--in many respects, isn't that what a newspaper is supposed to do?

my chill story ran on the front page of the living section in the f today...i'm actually pleased with it, seeing how it looks on the page. it was a struggle to write, but hey, i don't think i did too badly with it. and i'm not going to lie about it--it's neat seeing my story with a big ol' headline and photos and a jump to another page! revel...revelrevel...