6.27.2001

absence makes the heart grow fonder, yadda yadda yadda.
my parents and i made the trek up to burlington tonight to see "little shop". i was excited to see what they'd done with the production and to scream and holler for chris and rachel, who are both in the cast.
collin had also made the drive to catch the show.
baz was there.
phyllis was there.
ben parker and amanda lacey were there.
becca swung by at the end to see collin.

my father made the comment that i should try to find a way to get back on campus because it's obvious that i "belong there," from the manner in which i was running around and hugging people and chatting.
obviously i love being there, but this showed me just how much i need to be away this summer.
i finally had the chance to appreciate my being there. it's gotten to the point that i'm used to being there all the time, and therefore i don't realize how lucky i am when i'm there. i love being home, i'm so glad that i came home, and i get the added bonus of having a blast when i stop by burlington to visit.
best of both worlds.

in other news, my parents and i did get into a spat about the 3rd--at this moment in time, they're saying they don't want me making the trip down. more on that to follow.
overall, though, a great evening that made me very very happy. i'll write more when i have more time tomorrow. :)

No comments: