12.06.2004

temporary hiatus

status check - just groovy
background ambiance - silence

somehow, while attempting to post earlier this evening, the combination of blogger and bloggerbot made my computer start doing all sorts of crazy things and, finally, commit some form of e-self-mutilation. among the casualty of said implosion: all of my recent videos, any of the photos i hadn't already published online and, most agonizingly, a large chunk of the novel i started writing this week.

the videos made me sad, the photos made me angry, the novel made me want to cry. fortunately i have the crux of the words either still fresh in my mind or written down in fragmented pieces in notebooks. it shouldn't screw me over too much - and hey, things were going too easily on that front. back to sweating out the words through the classic use of pen and paper. viva la technology. bah.

i am, however, taking it somewhat as an omen. coupled with the fact that myspace has been luring me away as of late, i'm going to lay off blogspot for a bit. i'm sure i'll post at some point soon (i can't walk away from four years worth of posting here or at madderrain, after all), but most of my rambles will be primarily published over at my profile there (easily accessible here). i'm actually finding that forum more enjoyable right now anyway - you can get a sense of who i am a bit more and it's easier to interact. or, at least, i'm finding that people over there tend to interact more. which is nice to experience - much as this writing is for myself, it's also nice to get feedback on it from time to time.

i'm still figuring out what i'm going to do on the notebook nightlife front - i have a ton of information just waiting to be posted there. i will drop a line here to announce what i do with it.

i've got a number of things coming up - the novel's being penned and i'm determined not to stop until i've got at least a complete work of drivel finished; i may have a new blog venture on the horizon, but with a co-author (operative word: may); i'm writing about myself, politics, pop culture and everything else you've come to expect at revelry over at myspace. i'm actually pleased with some of the things i've been coming up with lately.

so head on over, say hi, drop a line ... and, as always, feel free to drop a line here saying hi or you can send me email. i'd love to be able to chat.

talk to you soon - be good. xoxoxo.

No comments: