4.02.2003

this is absolutely hysterical. i don't know about you, but i know i'll be following this story.

the word of the day is, quite simply, glorious. in all facets. the word has been in my mind all day - as i made the walk to the metro this morning, as i walked out of union station ("out past the fountain, a left at the station ...") and made my way up to the office. it continued throughout the morning until i was able to escape outside for my lunch hour, at which point i sat on sun-baked sandstone, ate my lunch, read my book and periodically closed my eyes, letting the sunshine spill over me without any other thought or distraction. and it was in my mind as i walked back to the office just now, past a woman in a sharp black suit with a gold shirt underneath, her just-past-shoulder-length white hair cast behind her shoulders as she leaned against the back of a bench in the shade, her eyes closed, face tilted up slightly with a content smile on her face.

she didn't see me pass by, obviously, but i felt that at that moment, we had to be sharing the same thought, as there was no other way of describing the moment: glorious.

No comments: