8.01.2002

on our drive from waterford to cambridge, liza mentioned a website that deals strictly with journalism jobs. today provided the first opportunity i've had to visit this site, and let me say this: why didn't the smc profs fill us in on this gem? thank you thank you thank you liza...

i'm in the middle of a series of very important, mature decisions (stop laughing). the first was my decision to go to washington for the capitol hill interview. as i wait for the phone call deciding my fate in that department (supposed to know by the end of the week), i am making other important decisions. for example: i fully plan on moving in the near future. either d.c. or boston. i have spent the past few days pouring over classified sections in d.c. papers for apartments and whatnot, and now i'm searching online for jobs and apartments in both areas.

i bought a chair today, which was another important decision. alright, so it sounds like no big deal, but it actually is. it is the first object i've bought for "my place," wherever that place winds up being. i'm focusing on my apartment, my job, my whatever. and it's scary as hell, but i'm incredibly excited.

so today, my day off, is spent looking for jobs, apartments, running to staples to make more copies of my clips and all that fun stuff. hopefully i will fit in some running and an evening viewing of "gosford park." and an attempt to adjust to the feeling of suddenly growing up.

No comments: