8.05.2002

oh, and amusing tidbits from a recent mayer interview for msm:
(i apologize for the lack of serious, insightful posts as of late...been busy, been tired)

I would like to do a me and Dela tour a la Dave and Tim, but I don't know when it's going to happen. I think sometimes I miss the reality of the situation and that is I made a pop record. So, I have to tour on a pop record.

I don't care if its in front of five-hundred thousand people, I have the coolest fans in the world. I don't have fans who push other fans, I don't have fans who are elite. My fans have nothing to prove. Whether they're fourteen or eight it doesn't matter. If I were a nineteen year old fan who personally saw me two years ago, I would be happy. I think most people are, but again, its not a big deal. Selling out is meant to be inflammatory. It's meant to piss someone off or me off as much as possible. Again, doesn't affect me at all. It's a disappointment. Some people can make that re-adjustment and some can't. The people who can't will have wonderful memories of when they saw me in front of one-hundred twenty people and thats great.

Previously, I had stated New York City, but now I want to live in LA.

I listened to "Room For Squares" July 5th for the first time since January. When I heard it, I was like this record is corny! It's cool because it's corny and it makes no apologies for melody

I hope to sell out in everyone's mind completely, because that would mean that they didn't see it coming at all.

the complete interview can be found here and was conducted by the ever-dedicated and impressive richard young (who deserves infinite praise for everything he does for mayer fans!) it's definitely worth reading in its entirety--provides a lot of insight, which helps the fans who are trying to make that re-adjustment...

also, i don't think i ever mentioned that howie was on kilborn the other night...how odd is this becoming?

No comments: