4.11.2006

Beth, whilst waiting for Starbucks goodness, proving yet again how she is capable of making me laugh even as I'm ready to cry. Oh, and following the news I'd just broken (bad choice of words) to her about the status update involving one Coco Crisp:

Well, good. Because I'm not going to see him play until August. And since I liked him BEFORE he was a Red Sox, I want to horde him to myself. Less time for everyone else to think he's amazing.

I could see her logic, much as I responded with a dropped jaw and impulse to hit her in the arm - oh wait, I believe I did actually do that - but there's one problem.

I was supposed to see him play on SATURDAY.

No, this works out better. Because when we see him - er, THEM - in August, we'll be in the bleachers. His territory. It works out PERFECTLY.

The good news? Well, I do find myself always rooting for Adam Stern anyway...

...and it sure as hell made me laugh when I really needed to.

Oh, and sign that you're a complete and utter dork when it comes to the written word: you notice, and are a little shocked and distressed by, the change of FONTS of the letters spelling out "Fenway Park" on the grandstand.

And you point this out to others, surprised they didn't notice.

No, it used to be more of a Times New Roman or Bookman style font. And how it's all Arial Block-ish. No, I'm serious. I'll show you some photos from last season...

No comments: